Dynamic, innovative, and creative design professional possessing a high degree of expertise and an exemplary track record of achievement in diverse areas of the gaming industry. Adept in crafting narrative and designing levels and gameplay for the Disney Infinity series resulting in over 1 million downloads. Wrote and directed recording of the entirety of dialog for unannounced AR game. Authored content for several high profile comic book properties including a sold-out issue of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Wrote, co-hosted and managed the creation of 30+ Disney Infinity YouTube videos and 80+ episodes of an independent podcast. Specialized expertise working with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Premiere. Possessing a lifelong passion for video gaming.
Expert in concept, design, and testing of multiple shipped titles within the gaming industry while amplifying product awareness and promoting sustainable growth.
Video/Podcast Scripting • Mission, Dialog & Gameplay Scripting • Creative Writing • Visual Design • Game Level Design & World Building • Art Direction • Trend Analysis & Competitive Positioning
Co-Owner @ Elders of the RuneStone / Darkhan Studios LLC 2009-present
Serves as the creator, writer, letterer and art director for Elders of the RuneStone comic book series.
• Ran a successful Kickstarter campaign to fund first 4-issue miniseries (available 2021).
• Wrote and co-hosted Darkhan City Awesome Comics Culture Podcast, an entertainment and educational internet audio show featuring professional guests. Produced 80+ original episodes.
Narrative Game Writer and Designer @ deeproot Pinball 2018-2021
Wrote story and dialog and developed design and art for original pinball games.
• Created and maintained design documents for gameplay, animation and dialog for multiple pinball games in development.
• Worked with several teams, including artists, animators, sound designers, programmers and engineers on game development.
• Recruited and directed voice actors in recording sessions, and assisted with processing voice recordings for game implementation.
• Assisted with gameplay rulesets.
Video Game Writer @ CastAR, 2017
Wrote all dialog, character beats, story flow and menu text for unannounced augmented reality game.
• Directed voice actors, and edited, prepared and incorporated dialog lines using Premiere and Unity.
• Collaborated with producers and artists in design for characters, theme and gameplay.
Associate Level Designer, Community @ Disney Interactive/Avalanche Software, 2014-2016
Acted as a level designer/world builder for Disney Infinity video game series. Recognized as a Toy Box Mentor for fan community of Disney Infinity video game series. Engaged with fans in forums, social media and YouTube comment sections. Hosted and mentored Toy Box artists from the fan community at Disney's Toy Box Summit events for 2014 and 2015. Played a key role in overall aspects of the Disney Infinity video game series including story narrative, gameplay, and UI. Provided support to designers in prototyping gameplay game-wide for Disney Infinity.
• Served as an integral member of a 5-member Disney Infinity Community Team of master Toy Box builders responsible for designing levels in the sandbox Toy Box mode with in-game tools, which were released weekly for fan download and generated over 3.5 million downloads.
• Maintained sole accountability for building 40+ Toy Box levels, populated with characters, enemies, environment layout and programming gameplay, resulting in a total of over 1 million downloads.
• Wrote the narrative storyline and dialog for several Toy Box levels including the story arc for the Toy Box Tales epic series and Marvel super heroes tie-in levels for Disney Infinity 3.0.
• Built levels in association with and approved by Pixar, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Maker Studios, and the World Wildlife Fund.
• Acted as a project organizer, scripter and video personality for 30+ joke-riddled Tips N Tricks videos on the official Disney Infinity YouTube channel, which included tutoring viewers on powerful tools of the Toy Box mode.
• Took the lead in interdisciplinary, cross-team initiatives, resulting in 80+ sound effects, multiple special effects, gameplay toys and game-wide additions and tweaks being implemented into the Toy Box.
• Served on interdisciplinary, cross-team projects that led to many upgrades and features being planned and added game-wide, including story flow and dialog for the main Toy Box Hub world.
• Created dialog voiced by Anthony Daniels (C-3PO of Star Wars).
Panelist @ Salt Lake Comic Con, 2013
Served as a subject matter expert on diverse areas of comics.
• Selected as a professional panel speaker on several subjects including Writing for Comics, Working on Established Properties and Writing for Kids Comics.
Comics Writer @ Ape Entertainment / DreamWorks Animation / Classic Media, 2010-2012
Executed comic book writing activities in a fast-paced environment using creative talents.
• Wrote the comic book Kung Fu Panda #5 and #6 as well as Kung Fu Panda: Tales of the Dragon Warrior #1.
• Authored comic book Richie Rich #3.
• Created an original short story for published comics based on the Kung Fu Panda 2 animated motion picture.
• Wrote original short stories for published comics based on the Megamind animated motion picture.
Comics Writer @ SoupGraphix, Inc., 2011
Assisted in comic book writing responsibilities.
• Re-wrote pitch book story for Gimmies animated series / toy line.
Editor @ ThatGamingSite.com, 2009-2011
Served as contributing editor responsible for writing articles, news, and reviews for new/classic video games.
• Wrote the Castlevania: The Retrospective article series that overall received over 22,800 views and doubled the site’s traffic for certain months.
Comics Writer @ The Diversity Foundation, 2008-2011
Executed comics writing duties.
• Wrote Issue #5 and three stories for The Scrapyard Detectives comic book series.
Comics Writer @ Mirage Publishing, 2006-2007
Wrote comic book Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #31.
• Created the issue that sold out and is currently unavailable from Mirage Publishing.
Savannah College of Art and Design, BFA in Sequential Art
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Office Suite, Fraps, Blogger.com, Various Mac Programs, Proprietary/Custom Programs